Life is unpredictable but sometimes is so fucking unpredictable…
Three months ago I reached a new job (which was quite unpredictable too… attending how is the job market in Spain…). I was looking for a new one so, I accepted it.
Three months later, I‘ve been fired from that job.
When I was at the employment office I found that all the people there had a similar expression on the face. And I went back to the last days and I thought that most of us have had similar experiences lately. So, as I had an unpredictable amount of time to spend waiting for my turn at that office, I started to list some thoughts in common that probably all of us have had in the last days.
The list of thoughts you have when you get fired
- What I’m supposed to do now?
- This is my opportunity to do what I’ve always dreamed to do.
- I’ll start to write a blog. [sic]
- Now I will have more time for me.
- I am going to focus on what is really important, I am going to prioritize. Putting things in order is going to help me to take it easy.
- How many time can I spend looking for the job of my dreams?
- Maybe I need a B Plan… just in case…
- I can start my own business.
- I am better than all the other people here around me.
- Sure they have something I don’t have… I’m worst than them…
- What the hell I am supposed to do now??
- I will get through this… How? I still don’t know. But Iwill.
- Well, Elvira, focus. Do what you have to do at theemployment office and go back home to think things quietly.
- All the people here seem sad.
- All the workers here seem ungry.
- I’m going to reach the summit of my proffesional life.
- One hour later, I’m still waiting for my turn (at the employment office)…
- I have to stop thinking about my future.
- I would study english, photography,… spend time cooking,reading,…
- I have a crisis. I need to find a solution.
Assuming you have a crisis. Then, acting
Exactly, I realized I have a crisis. So, as @StijnPieters taught me, for a business crisis there are three steps (related to communication) and, like my crisis is on the field of professional, I thought these three steps could apply to me.
- We know (about the crisis).
- We do (what we are doing to solving it).
- We care (we are aware all the consecuences this situation has).
I have already done the first one. I am doing right now the second and I will try to do my best with the third step.
I’ll keep writing…