Five Tips That Will Help Overcome Shyness Problem In Children

+
Shyness is a very common behavior that has been observed amongst a large portion of the children. On the other hand, it is not very hard to help kids overcome shyness. Being a parent or guardian of your child, you play an important part in helping your shy kid in doing what he is suppose to do. Shyness is a normal property of early childhood days. At times, shyness in your child may make him face violence in childhood. So, we presenting this article to our readers, so that they know childhood violence prevention efforts before anything worse happens.

With age and time, your shy kid will gain confidence and the shyness will gradually vanish. Read the below mentioned tips to know how you can help your kids to overcome shyness.

1. Accept shyness as a normal behavior:

According to the statistics, it was noted that 50% of the adult population in the USA is considered to be shy. Shyness is considered to be problematic when people are embarrassed by it and do not share it with anyone around. But, in any which way, I would say that shyness is not a thing that can’t be handled. It can be handled very easily, when a child is filled with lots of love and care and get a line of self-confidence. That is the time when he leaves shyness behind.

2. Make him know about his talents:

As you talk or chat with your child, just tell them that shy people are more talented or courageous than the average person. All this will make them feel motivated and will encourage them to attain higher standards.

3. Be in constant touch with your kid:

Many times it happens that children become shy when they are not able to express themselves. Every parent should give their kids the opportunity to express their talents, recognize their achievements and pay attention in a normal way. Try not to make them feel that something is out of place and so you are concentrating more on him.

4. Show trust in them when you entrust them with a job:

Children who are shy need two vital conditions to feel comfortable. One, they should find a valid reason to interact with others. Two, they must be made to feel that they too can make a contribution. Push them or let them take a responsibility if they are willing to do so, then just sit back and watch his efforts. We are sure you will get amazing results.

5. Appreciate their efforts by commenting and acknowledging:

Every shy kid always wants attention. And, as a parent, you have to be specific about the way you are paying attention to your kids. Appreciate their results and try to make it positive enough, even if they have done 30%, on the other hand 70% should be acknowledged. Explain your kid with lots of love that they can do even better next time to stand out of other kids. Give this information to your neighbors about his or her achievements and showcase them to your kid that how others are also appreciating his or her success. See, to be very frank, compliments do wonders in building up your child’s confidence.

If you will follow these basic tips seriously, we assure you that the wholesome development of your child will excel in every field and will have a better future and achieve more in life.

Locations

Sources

0 comments

 or create an account to join the discussion on Jurnid

More stories by Sudeshna M.